Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The theater's too deep for me. I prefer bicycling.

Lately, I've been up to my gizzard in work, leaving me only the evenings to post (except for short, pointless postings such as this, which are done at my desk while I shovel a toasted tuna sandwich in my mouth).

Last night, I had every intention of continuing my insightful inciting series of posts on the need for Conservatives to rethink political strategy, but instead I decided to watch Grand Illusion. After once again viewing this masterpiece, I can say that we are both better people for my dereliction. If you have not seen this classic, I encourage you to do so. This is the foremost film displaying "man's humanity to man." Rightwingnut that I am, I can't help but be impressed with the anti-war vision of the director, Jean Renoir, son of the painter. Even more interesting, is the story of how the movie was lost following the Nazi purges during WWII and thankfully found decades later. Give it a shot -- it's better than reading this pablum.

"If I had to save only one film in the world, it would be Grand Illusion." Orson Welles
 
Centinel 10:46 AM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment