Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

If there's a world left when this is all over, I'd like to buy you a beer.

I received this email this morning from a friend in North Carolina:

I don't know about the cities you fellas live in but madness is abound in the Charlotte Metro area. After going thru six gas stations on my way to work that did not have any gas the seventh station I came to gladly took $87.32 of my money and they also let me have the pleasure of waiting for 32 minutes just to get to pump. The sky is falling my friends, the sky is falling. There is good news to come from all of this turmoil. Our friendly neighborhood Jamaicans have no shortage of Red Stripe beer, and they are gladly supplying it to numerous local gas stations. So instead of going to get gas, we shall ride our bicycles to the store a buy plenty of Red Stripe. NO WORRIES MAN.
You read that correctly, despite the ever expanding emergency situation in the wake of Katrina, beer is still available. So you can all remain calm and perhaps say a little prayer for those who, for whatever reason, don't have access to beer.



Update 10/2/05: It looks like things are getting grimmer. Or is it more grim? Here's an email I received from my friend this morning:

You think you could Fed Ex me about 10-15 gallons of regular unleaded. I would greatly appreciate it.
 
Centinel 6:48 AM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment