Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

But Dallas ain't a woman to help you get your feet on the ground.

This is an exciting time around the Centinel house. Not only are we newbie homeowners with a yard that is beginning to look "brown with a green hue," as opposed to the "just brown" we started with, but we are on the cusp of accepting our first refugee.

I didn't mention it last week, but my brother-in-law has been stuck in New Orleans since the storm hit (he was finally helicoptered out yesterday). Suffice to say, it was not his choice. His girlfriend, however, was able to flee to the relative safety of Baton Rouge. We are expecting her to show up here in Dallas any time now. Evidently, we'll be putting her up for a day or two before she heads to Kansas City where my brother-in-law is going to be sent.

The jury is still out on whether it is good or bad that this is as exciting as my life gets, but considering my underwear is clean and my house is dry, I'm going to go with "woo-hoo."
 
Centinel 1:06 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment