Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

If ignorance ever goes to $40 a barrel, I want drillin' rights on that man's head.

So I'm walking through the farmers' market checking out the goods, when this guy walks up next to me, points to the basket of peaches in front of him, and says to the seller, "Are these peaches from Texas?" To which the seller responds, "No, they're from Georgia." Making a dismissive gesture with his hand, the guy says, "Keep 'em -- I only eat Texas peaches" and walks away.

This to me symbolizes one of the problems from being a Texan. Clearly, this guy either (1) felt that Texas peaches were superior to Georgia peaches or (2) recognized that Georgia peaches may be superior to Texas peaches, but wasn't willing to buy them because they weren't from the great, by-God State of Texas. I'd like to give him a break and assume the former is true and he is just ignorant, but after spending a couple of years in Texas I strongly suspect the latter best covers the situation. As I've often said, Texans will buy urine in a bottle if you slap a "Made in Texas" label on it. How else do you explain Shiner?
 
Centinel 3:51 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment