Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday Spies ©: Widescreen Edition

1. Tropical Storm Cindy and Hurricane Dennis are causing trouble in the Southeast this week. Share a natural disaster story.

Hundreds of years ago, when I was in college, Hurricane Hugo struck in South Carolina and began working it's way up the coast. My school was in the Virginia mountains, but the rest of my family were in Charlotte, NC, which ended up being directly in the storm's path. I remember getting ready to hit a party and having my mother call to describe tall trees bent so far that their tops were touching the ground.

After leaving Charlotte, Hugo headed right for us. Classes were cancelled early (for no apparent reason) and my fraternity actually planned a Hurricane Hugo Party, with a banner and everything. Alas, it was not to be. Hugo bounced off the mountains and headed back toward the coast, and we were left to party in a mild drizzle.

I remember going over to a friend of mine's house the next morning, and he had the TV on. The station had planned to show a seniors' golf event from Charlotte, but couldn't due to the devastation. I can still see the camera shots of huge trees laying across the fairway. It wasn't until that moment that I realized how badly Charlotte had been nailed. My parents went without electricity for several cold weeks, and were really unable to leave the neighborhood for some time due to the fallen logs.

Ok, so that was more a boring, vicarious natural disaster story. Sue me.

2. What is your favorite work of art?



Just kidding. I generally love anything by Van Gogh:


3. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube from the middle or the
bottom?


From the middle, I guess. I'm not really OCD like that.

4. What is your favorite "cult" film?

I have to pick a favorite??? How about a few of my favorites?

OK, I lied; this is my favorite:


5. Would you go into space if given the chance? Where would you
go?


I don't know. I guess it would depend on how you got me up there. I mean, if I were in a rocket, I suppose it would be cool, but if you just tied me up and sat me on a huge catapult that would blow. Especially since I bet it's cold in space. And no one can hear you scream.
 
Centinel 3:16 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment