Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday Spies ©, again

1. What names did you consider for your blog?

I wish I had something witty to say here. For that matter, I wish I had something witty to say anywhere. However, Centinel was always my first choice. As this site succinctly states:

The "Centinel" wrote a series of 24 articles that appeared in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer and the Philadelphia Freeman's Journal between October 5, 1787, and November 24, 1788. He argued that the elaborate system of checks and balances would be less effective in protecting liberty than in preventing the people from detecting corruption and tyranny in their leaders, and that a simple, responsive plan of government would be better.
Centinel was one of the Anti-Federalists who lost this argument in the 1780's when our current constitution was adopted. Despite the rejection, much of what Centinel warned about has come true, including monstrous government growth, skyrocketing taxes, and the near complete extension of federal governmental power at the expense of the states. While many Conservatives have been only too willing to accept the moniker of Federalist, I will remain an Anti-Federalist in the classical sense.

That said, I did briefly toy with calling the blog "and the horse you rode in on," but it was never a serious thought. Of course, I like the title "Crapping You Negative," but it probably doesn't set the right tone.

2. What is your favorite adult beverage and why?

Fat Tire Amber Ale is my beer of choice, and I choose to drink a lot of beer. When I'm sipping at home it will likely be the Mark or Crown Royal.

3. If you could cancel 3 televisions shows, what would they be?

This question is as tough as roadkill steak. There are so many absolutely horrible shows out there, but I generally avoid television so they don't affect me. Therefore, I choose to eliminate those I hear about and would rather not: American Idol, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and Dangerous Housewives.

4. You've been asked to host SNL. Which cast would you choose to work with, and who would you choose as the musical guest?


I couldn't do better than the original core cast: Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, and Gilda Radner (with special guest host Steve Martin). Eddie Murphy was my favorite cast member, but he carried the show for three seasons. As for my musical guest, I'm going to go with Bob Schneider or The Frames.

5. What will Britney Spears name her baby and which three names will she consider and reject before settling on the "winner"?

If'n it's a boy: Elvis, Dale, Earl, and the winner is: Kevin Federline, Jr.

If'n it's a she: Lexus, Destinee, Kristol, and the winner is: Madonna Federline
 
Centinel 2:35 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment