Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Can you hear yourself?

During my morning commute, I alternate days between listening NPR and Howard Stern. It's a little odd, I know, but sometimes Stern gets in touch with reality and I have to listen to NPR to get pulled back into inane "blue state" land. I actually got a good chuckle out of one of the stories this morning. It seems that the "far right" National Democrat Party in Germany is having a spate of political success recently due to the bad economic fortes that have hit much of the country. In an effort to fight back, according to NPR, Chancellor Schroeder and his Social Democrats, after unsuccessfully petitioning the courts to ban the NDP, are distributing leaflets explaining how to avoid allowing right-wingers to use your facilities and encouraging private groups to kick them out (which at least one soccer club has done). What killed me is that immediately following this the commentator stated that many Germans view the NPD as a "threat to democracy."

I have no love for Neo-Nazis-- to quote Samuel Jackson, "Yes, they deserved to die! I hope they burn in Hell!" That said, I don't know what I find to be more ironic: that the German lefties think that banning political groups is the way to save democracy, or that they are trying to stop Neo-Nazi political activity using Hitler's tactics.
 
Centinel 1:10 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment