Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Let the games begin

Not to in any way denigrate the namesake event itself, today marks the first day of what is affectionately known around here as the Bataan Death March -- that nearly 5 month stretch of the year between New Year's Day and Memorial Day where there are no holiday breaks. Oh, I know there's MLK, Jr. Day (or as it used to be known back in the Commonwealth, Lee-Jackson-King Day), but that is a working holiday (nice oxymoron) where we all celebrate civil rights by, well, doing what we do most every other day. Free at last, free at last.

I managed to split my last Death March by getting married right in the middle, but I don't think that's going to work two years in a row. Of course, come March I may be up for an attempt.

Update: Milbarge over at BTQ is working on solving this problem. I hope he succeeds, because I don't think I can afford another wedding.
 
Centinel 6:49 AM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment