Because

The Musings of

Something full of magic, religion, bullsh*t.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Blue-state jester

Tom Wolfe, perhaps America's greatest storyteller, once again shows he understands by tossing a few barbs at the liberal "masters of the universe" in The Guardian:

"I think support for Bush is about not wanting to be led by East-coast pretensions. It is about not wanting to be led by people who are forever trying to force their twisted sense of morality onto us, which is a non-morality. That is constantly done, and there is real resentment. Support for Bush is about resentment in the so-called 'red states' - a confusing term to Guardian readers, I agree - which here means, literally, middle America. I come from one of those states myself, Virginia. It's the same resentment, indeed, as that against your own newspaper when it sent emails targeting individuals in an American county." Wolfe laughs as he chastises. "No one cares to have outsiders or foreigners butting into their affairs. I'm sure that even many of those Iraqis who were cheering the fall of Saddam now object to our being there. As I said, I do not think the excursion is going well."

And John Kerry? "He is a man no one should worry about, because he has no beliefs at all. He is not going to introduce some manic radical plan, because he is poll-driven, and it is therefore impossible to know where or for what he stands."

You can pre-order his newest novel, I Am Charlotte Simmons, here.

 
Centinel 1:29 PM #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment